Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Stories from Zambia


Stories from Zambia

Last year I realised that I have a condition called Aphantasia. This means that I cannot picture anything or anyone in my mind. I am realising that this has a significant impact. In particular I have a very limited recollection of many of the events in my life.

I have been reflecting on the past 23 years since I first went to Zambia. Because of Aphantasia I realise I need some help to remember. I am therefore going through the hundreds of photos I have taken (I wish that I had taken more!). These trigger my memory. I have shared my memories on Facebook, but have also decided to record them here.


 

I will admit from the outset that I am also trying to promote my charity Transformation ThroughEducation www.transformationthrougheducation.org.uk which currently has a crisis! We need to raise £30,000 to complete the building of a Science Laboratory for PIZZ school by the end of this year or the project could be put in doubt.

Somehow I need to reach out to people who can help us secure the future of the children of Monze, Zambia. Lifting them and there families out of poverty is a lasting legacy for those that help this project succeed. A legacy that will continue through genrations to come.

@transformationthrougheducation.orh.uk

 

No comments: