Sunday, March 29, 2015

Jennipher's Portrait at The Garden Gallery

29th March 2015

At this time last year I was in Zambia. On Palm Sunday I was in Monze where I joined in with the procession and services.

Obert and his family attend Our Lady of the Wayside church where I attended the service last year. Obert has an artificial leg, but this hasn't stopped him becoming proficient at riding a bike. Last year he achieved another milestone by passing his driving test. He showed off his new skills by taking me to Pemba (about 35km from Monze) to collect jennipher on my final day.

Obert is currently managing to get a little work driving for a friend, but one day he hopes to have his own taxi. He occasionally rings me to have a chat.

When Jennipher visited us last year, a friend and local artist Sheila Bryant painted her portrait – in fact she created two paintings. One of these paintings will be exhibited at the Garden Gallery in Montpellier Gardens, Cheltenham as part of the Easter at Montpellier Gardens events which take place next week  1st April to 7th April. http://www.montpelliergardenseaster.com/

No comments: