Thursday, August 1, 2019

Homeward Bound

Thursday 1st August 2019

I arrived back from Kabwata Village at lunchtime.

I had arranged to meet Persis the manager of the Hands Around Project in Chisamba – about 50 miles north of Lusaka. We had lunch together and discussed progress with the project and caught up on news.

With help from Persis, I found an Internet cafe and eventually checked in to my homeward flights.

At about 10.30 pm my taxi arrived and took me to the airport. My bags on the return journey were much more manageable. The recent acquisitions probably took the two cases to over 10 Kg each, but left them below 20 Kg and my backpack weighed as much as its contents!! Without laptops etc. life was much easier!

My trip back was straightforward and I arrived on time at Heathrow. I was surprised when the baggage turntable stopped before my goods arrived! I went to the enquiries desk and they assured me that they knew where my cases were – in Amsterdam!! I thanked the lady and headed to the coach station – with almost no luggage!! I had allowed plenty of slack when I booked the coach and had arrived just before the earlier bus was due to leave. The driver was happy to let me on board – so I arrived home nearly two hours earlier than expected! My cases arrived the following day which was fine with me and saved me carrying them!

Chris

No comments: