Wednesday, November 8, 2023

A New Lawyer


 As I wander around Monze I continue to meet friends. Some are people I met when I came on the first trip in 2003 when we worked on the ICU at Monze Mission Hospital. Others are people who I worked with or came to know during the few years when I was developing computer systems at the hospital.

Others I met through Our Lady of the Wayside which has become my parish in Monze. In 2005 I met Besst, a young man at the church who was a student at a local secondary school. Over the years we have kept in touch and yesterday he invited me to attend a ceremony at the Supreme Court of Zambia in Lusaka, where he was called to the Bar. It was a great pleasure to be present on this great day – the culmination of many years of hard work.


I realise that I am very privileged to be in a position where I can meet people with ambitions and observe their progress – often from children to adults with families of their own. It is a delight to watch them develop and progress. Of course not all reach the heights that Best has achieved, but just to see people happy and healthy is a joy.

Best is an example of what is possible with hard work, determination and dedication and hopefully he will inspire others to follow his example and excel in whatever they choose to do.

Best wishes,



Chris





No comments: