Friday, October 14, 2022

More visitors and visits


It's not only friends that visit me here at my house! I have a small house frog that enjoys my shower, a sparrow came to say hallo in my second bedroom! Lizards regularly pop their heads in at the windows and I wouldn't feel at home here without the odd spider!


I visited the hospital briefly yesterday and chatted for a while with Sr Juunza, the Hospital Administrator. She told me that funding has been greatly increased and the number of doctors and nurses are dramatically higher than in former years. Hopefully this will greatly improve the outcomes at the hospital. I was surprised how many people at the hospital knew me.

I had a grand tour of the new Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, built since my last visit. It is an impressive building, very bright and peaceful inside. After my visit I met with the new Bishop – Bishop Raphael who greeted me with a big hug. We have known each other for some years, when he was a priest at our Lady of the Wayside.




A lot has happened over the past few days with visits to many friends including Obert's family where I caught up with Nancy. I also called in on Charles and Brian visited me at home.

I will be leaving for the UK very soon. The time has run away very fast.


Chris


No comments: