Sunday, October 29, 2023

Independence Day


I continue to meet friends I have come to know over the years. Among others Alec, Raymond, Diven, Teddy, Brian and Malomweete have come around to see me at my house, sometimes joining me for supper. Many other people I have greeted around town and at church.

Tuesday was Independence Day and Ireen rang me. Unfortunately there was a problem and I was unable to hear her. When I visited her shop later in the week she presented me with another shirt – one she intended to give me to celebrate independence day.

Last Sunday Teddy drove me to Pemba where I met with Soloman and the children. Obadia has his lovely smile back and Emmanuel was also in good form. Maria is staying with an aunt and came to meet me, but before I leave I will visit her at the knew home.



The weather continues to be hot – often reaching 36 ℃ or 37℃ , at midday the sun is directly overhead.

Best is preparing to be called to the bar in a little more than a week. He asked me to join him for the celebration – fortunately I packed my suit in case! It will be a great privilege to see him finally become a fully qualified lawyer after all these years. I first met Best as a secondary school student in 2005!

 

With love and prayers,


Chris



No comments: